Shooting Stars is our signature fundraising event, but even more importantly it celebrates the incredibly talented children in our schools. Children develop acts of all varieties (song, dance, music, acting, magic, etc.) for performance individually or in groups. Acts that are recommended from school auditions will audition before a select judging panel organized by the WEF. Finalists get the opportunity to perform in a professional-quality environment at the Shooting Stars talent showcase event in the spring.
There is also a Visual Arts competition that begins with art teachers in the schools. Submitted artwork will be on display for a limited time and judged by local artists organized by the WEF. Finalists and their artwork are presented at the Shooting Stars showcase event in the spring.
2019 Performing Arts highlights on Facebook. Click here to see the album as we feature a new photo daily.
To preview, browse, and purchase digital photographs please email photographer Avalon Liscio at Avalonlisciophoto@gmail.com for photo access.
2019 Visual Arts photo series on Facebook. Click here to see finalist artwork.
All submitted artwork was on display at the Jones House during the month of April.
- Performing Arts – Cassandra Steffen, email@example.com
- Visual Arts – Erika Hudspeth, firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Guidelines and Forms
The forms provided are fillable online, but note that parent signature is required.
2019 Performing Arts Schedule and Guidelines [PDF] – Please read carefully for mandatory attendance dates
- Shooting Stars Performing Arts Participant Permission Form [fillable pdf]
- Shooting Starts Performing Arts Entry Form [fillable pdf]
- Shooting Stars Performing Arts Multi School/Large Group Permission Form [fillable pdf]
2019 Shooting Stars Visual Arts Schedule & Guidelines [PDF] – Please read carefully
- Shooting Stars Visual Arts Participant Permission Form [fillable pdf]