Shooting Stars is our signature fundraising event, but even more importantly it celebrates the incredibly talented children in our schools. Children develop acts of all varieties (song, dance, music, acting, magic, etc.) for performance individually or in groups. Acts that are recommended from school auditions will audition before a select judging panel organized by the WEF. Finalists get the opportunity to perform in a professional-quality environment at the Shooting Stars talent showcase event in the spring.
There is also a Visual Arts competition that begins with art teachers in the schools. Submitted artwork will be on display for a limited time and judged by local artists organized by the WEF. Finalists and their artwork are presented at the Shooting Stars showcase event in the spring.
Save the Dates for 2020
Below are the dates for Shooting Stars 2020! Thanks for your patience as we work to update this year’s forms – they will be posted by January 17.
- Friday, April 24 – Shooting Stars 2020
- Tuesday, April 21 & Thursday, April 23 – Mandatory Rehearsals
- Saturday, March 28 – Auditions/Videotaped interviews for selected visual artists
- Performing Arts – Cassandra Steffen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visual Arts – Erika Hudspeth, email@example.com
2020 Guidelines and Forms
NOTE: The forms provided are fillable online, but note that parent signature is required.
2020 Performing Arts Schedule, Guidelines & Forms – Please read carefully for mandatory attendance dates
- Shooting Stars Performing Arts Schedule & Guidelines [pdf]
- Shooting Stars Performing Arts Entry Form [fillable pdf]
- Shooting Stars Performing Arts Participant Permission Form [fillable pdf]
- Shooting Stars Performing Arts Multi School/Large Group Permission Form [fillable pdf] – for groups of 6 or more
2020 Visual Arts Schedule, Guidelines & Forms – Please read carefully
- Shooting Stars Visual Arts Schedule & Guidelines [pdf]
- Shooting Stars Visual Arts Participant Permission Form [fillable pdf]
Artwork will be on display at the Jones House during the month of April.
Artists Reception to be held at the Jones House on Friday, April 3, 2020, 5:00-8:00pm (in conjunction with Downtown Boone’s First Friday Art Crawl)