The Watauga Education Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) made up of a hard-working board of volunteers. We support educators who foster a love of learning and sponsor community-oriented events that sustain students’ wonder, enthusiasm and perseverance.
Vision & Mission
It is our vision to improve and enhance the success of every student in the Watauga School System, and our mission to enrich student learning for all Watauga County public school students by effectively promoting innovative educational experiences for children that inspire every student to achieve his or her highest potential.
Want to Learn More?
Submit the Watauga Education Foundation Interest Form to inquire about membership and/or sponsorship opportunities!
- Dr. Don Presnell (President)
- Jeff Trexler (Vice President)
- Laura Newmark (Treasurer)
- Wendy Jessen (Secretary/Historian)
- Cynthia Carlson
- Charles Crabbe
- Peaches Hash
- Erika Hudspeth
- Lindsay Miller
- John Pearce
- Kim Reese
- Cassandra Steffen
- Colleen Tarantino
- Garrett Price (WCS Community Relations)
- Dr. Scott Elliott (WCS Superintendent)
- Dr. Gary Childers (WCS Board of Education)